Monarchs stumble in Connecticut
Steve Eminger scored at 17:17 of the third when Brandon Segal found him in the slot with a nice pass.
Just 16 ticks later, Brandon Mashinter scored the game-winner when Segal got him the puck inside the right wing face-off circle.
Manchester (22-24-2-3) is in fourth place in the AHL's Atlantic Division with 49 points. Connecticut (25-21-4-2) is in second place in the Northeast Division with 56 points.
Manchester looked to be in good shape with a 2-1 lead late in the first game of a six-game road trip. Linden Vey scored for the Monarchs on the power play at 6:24 of the first. Tyler Toffoli connected with Vey in the slot, and Vey redirected the pass for the goal.
Christian Thomas made it 1-1 at 7:35 of the second but Manchester regained a two-goal margin when Toffoli found the back of the net with 54 seconds remaining in the second. Nick Deslauriers picked up an assist on the Toffoli goal.
Martin Jones (12-18-3) made 26 saves on 29 shots for Manchester. Jason Missiaen made 27 saves for the Whale.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse - 14
- Underestimating NH: Gun control picks two wrong targets - 27
- Roaming jihadis: A terrorist visits Manchester - 3
- Athletes and PE: Give them credit for sports - 7
- The EPA's friend: It has a loyal ally in Shea-Porter - 16
- Leading vs. following: Ayotte, Shaheen and the polls - 24
- The cupcake police: Stop! In the name of lard! - 15
- Page One Editorial: Obama is right - 27
- Taxed tips: Another NH revenue grab - 9
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Manchester alderman urges review of police phone use - 13
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 2
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 2
Town may have to fix grave error
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack