Monarchs stumble in Connecticut
Steve Eminger scored at 17:17 of the third when Brandon Segal found him in the slot with a nice pass.
Just 16 ticks later, Brandon Mashinter scored the game-winner when Segal got him the puck inside the right wing face-off circle.
Manchester (22-24-2-3) is in fourth place in the AHL's Atlantic Division with 49 points. Connecticut (25-21-4-2) is in second place in the Northeast Division with 56 points.
Manchester looked to be in good shape with a 2-1 lead late in the first game of a six-game road trip. Linden Vey scored for the Monarchs on the power play at 6:24 of the first. Tyler Toffoli connected with Vey in the slot, and Vey redirected the pass for the goal.
Christian Thomas made it 1-1 at 7:35 of the second but Manchester regained a two-goal margin when Toffoli found the back of the net with 54 seconds remaining in the second. Nick Deslauriers picked up an assist on the Toffoli goal.
Martin Jones (12-18-3) made 26 saves on 29 shots for Manchester. Jason Missiaen made 27 saves for the Whale.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mass. man rescued from Mt. Haystack in Franconia - 0
- Police say drug suspect crashed into Windham cruiser, sheriff's car during bust - 1
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Gregg for the US Senate again? 'Been there, done that,' he says - 0
- Newton couple facing assault after 1-month-old infant is caught in 'tug-of-war' - 3
- New health insurer to enter NH marketplace in 2015 - 3
- Firefighters from 10 communities fight second 3-alarm fire in one day in Loudon - 0
- Pembroke man pleads guilty to Maine bank robberies - 0
- UPDATE: Lancaster man, 74, killed in head-on Columbia crash - 0
- Former Littleton man sentenced to prison for crash that injured 4 - 1
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch
Keene to appeal Robin Hood rulings