Monarchs stumble in Connecticut
Steve Eminger scored at 17:17 of the third when Brandon Segal found him in the slot with a nice pass.
Just 16 ticks later, Brandon Mashinter scored the game-winner when Segal got him the puck inside the right wing face-off circle.
Manchester (22-24-2-3) is in fourth place in the AHL's Atlantic Division with 49 points. Connecticut (25-21-4-2) is in second place in the Northeast Division with 56 points.
Manchester looked to be in good shape with a 2-1 lead late in the first game of a six-game road trip. Linden Vey scored for the Monarchs on the power play at 6:24 of the first. Tyler Toffoli connected with Vey in the slot, and Vey redirected the pass for the goal.
Christian Thomas made it 1-1 at 7:35 of the second but Manchester regained a two-goal margin when Toffoli found the back of the net with 54 seconds remaining in the second. Nick Deslauriers picked up an assist on the Toffoli goal.
Martin Jones (12-18-3) made 26 saves on 29 shots for Manchester. Jason Missiaen made 27 saves for the Whale.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Monarchs roll up their sleeves for Game 4 - 0
- Jones, Monarchs stay alive with Game 3 win - 0
- Monarchs in must-win situation Thursday night in Manchester - 0
- Second close loss in two days puts Monarchs in 0-2 playoff hole - 0
- Monarchs edged in overtime in playoff opener - 0
- Allen Lessels' On Hockey: Trying to stay on a roll - 1
- Monarchs complete amazing late-season surge to clinch playoff spot - 1
- Monarchs vault into playoff position - 0
- On Hockey: Monarchs need one final playoff push - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Road to Recovery helps America's heroes - 0
- Valenti Modified Series back at it - 0
- Seabrook scores in OT to give Blackhawks win, series tie - 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 25
- Hellickson, Rays handcuff Red Sox - 0
- Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air - 0
- Fisher Cats drop second straight - 0
- Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez - 0
Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air
Manipulating NH: Bloomberg and the terrorist
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off