Monarchs stumble in Connecticut
Steve Eminger scored at 17:17 of the third when Brandon Segal found him in the slot with a nice pass.
Just 16 ticks later, Brandon Mashinter scored the game-winner when Segal got him the puck inside the right wing face-off circle.
Manchester (22-24-2-3) is in fourth place in the AHL's Atlantic Division with 49 points. Connecticut (25-21-4-2) is in second place in the Northeast Division with 56 points.
Manchester looked to be in good shape with a 2-1 lead late in the first game of a six-game road trip. Linden Vey scored for the Monarchs on the power play at 6:24 of the first. Tyler Toffoli connected with Vey in the slot, and Vey redirected the pass for the goal.
Christian Thomas made it 1-1 at 7:35 of the second but Manchester regained a two-goal margin when Toffoli found the back of the net with 54 seconds remaining in the second. Nick Deslauriers picked up an assist on the Toffoli goal.
Martin Jones (12-18-3) made 26 saves on 29 shots for Manchester. Jason Missiaen made 27 saves for the Whale.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'