What's open, closed on Presidents Day today
Federal, state and local government will be shut down today, as will the courts at all levels. While most banks will be closed, TD Bank will be open.
The U.S. Postal Service will have no counter service or regular mail delivery, but Express Mail will be delivered.
It will be business as usual for FedEx and UPS, which recognize Washington's Birthday, but do not observe it by closing.
Trash pickup schedules vary. Concord and Portsmouth trash pickups will be made as usual. Manchester will pick up Monday's route on Tuesday, along with regular Tuesday pickups, with the rest of the week's pickups on the usual day. In Nashua, Monday pickups will be done Tuesday and the rest of the week slides a day, ending with Friday's routes being picked up Saturday.
School schedules are widely varied today. Twenty-four districts, including Conway, Hanover, Mascoma Valley, Madison and Hinsdale, begin their winter vacation today.
Seven school districts are taking only today off. Manchester, Nashua, Dover, Hooksett, Auburn, Candia and Timberlane Regional are closed today for the holiday. Everybody else has classes as usual.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.