What's open, closed on Presidents Day today
Federal, state and local government will be shut down today, as will the courts at all levels. While most banks will be closed, TD Bank will be open.
The U.S. Postal Service will have no counter service or regular mail delivery, but Express Mail will be delivered.
It will be business as usual for FedEx and UPS, which recognize Washington's Birthday, but do not observe it by closing.
Trash pickup schedules vary. Concord and Portsmouth trash pickups will be made as usual. Manchester will pick up Monday's route on Tuesday, along with regular Tuesday pickups, with the rest of the week's pickups on the usual day. In Nashua, Monday pickups will be done Tuesday and the rest of the week slides a day, ending with Friday's routes being picked up Saturday.
School schedules are widely varied today. Twenty-four districts, including Conway, Hanover, Mascoma Valley, Madison and Hinsdale, begin their winter vacation today.
Seven school districts are taking only today off. Manchester, Nashua, Dover, Hooksett, Auburn, Candia and Timberlane Regional are closed today for the holiday. Everybody else has classes as usual.
Life & Culture
READER COMMENTS: 0
- To get away, they come to NH - 0
- Win tickets to see American Idol Live! - 0
- Bach's Lunch Series Concludes in June with Music of Night and Nature - 0
- Open House at Owl Brook Hunter Education Center on June 1 - 0
- From middle school to Middle Ages in Windham - 0
- Londonderry Rotary to host classic car show - 0
- Book tells story of wife's battle with cancer - 1
- Grantham man is Geospatial Hall of Famer - 0
- Evidence challenged in Craigslist sex extortion case - 0
Lizzie borden took an axe ... or did she?
North Country open for business
To get away, they come to NH
Many in Salem disappointed by casino vote
From middle school to Middle Ages in Windham
Goffstown police sergeant fights suspension
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
State’s stand-your-ground law intact
Casino vote stirs emotions on both sides