What's open, closed on Presidents Day today
Federal, state and local government will be shut down today, as will the courts at all levels. While most banks will be closed, TD Bank will be open.
The U.S. Postal Service will have no counter service or regular mail delivery, but Express Mail will be delivered.
It will be business as usual for FedEx and UPS, which recognize Washington's Birthday, but do not observe it by closing.
Trash pickup schedules vary. Concord and Portsmouth trash pickups will be made as usual. Manchester will pick up Monday's route on Tuesday, along with regular Tuesday pickups, with the rest of the week's pickups on the usual day. In Nashua, Monday pickups will be done Tuesday and the rest of the week slides a day, ending with Friday's routes being picked up Saturday.
School schedules are widely varied today. Twenty-four districts, including Conway, Hanover, Mascoma Valley, Madison and Hinsdale, begin their winter vacation today.
Seven school districts are taking only today off. Manchester, Nashua, Dover, Hooksett, Auburn, Candia and Timberlane Regional are closed today for the holiday. Everybody else has classes as usual.
Life & Culture
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Windham Garden Club’s plant sale keeps growing - 0
- Search for Goffstown middle school principal continues - 0
- State Fish and Game rescue Vt. couple off North Walpole trail - 0
- North Country ATV trail opening on schedule - 0
- NH Senior News Briefs - 0
- Pending polygraph, apparent Winni Derby winner says he caught salmon off Welch's Island - 0
- John Harrigan: Time to do what's right for the loon's haunting call in the night - 9
- Mind your (flea-market) manners - 1
- A great day for a road race - 0
North Country ATV trail opening on schedule
Volunteer drivers needed in Windham
Mind your (flea-market) manners
NH Senior News Briefs
A great day for a road race
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse