After losing everything in fire, Manchester owner desperate to find dog
Sadie has reportedly been seen around the city since she escaped from the scene of a fire. (COURTESY)
"I lost everything in that fire," said Brandy Jones. "I thought I lost my Sadie too, but now people are calling and telling me they have seen her. I just hope I can see her again someday."
'Sadie' is a pit bull blue tick hound mix, who has been missing since a three-alarm blaze tore through a 12-unit apartment building at 213 Green St. on Feb. 5, A dozen people, including seven adults and five children, were temporarily homeless after the blaze, which firefighters battled for more than four hours using eight trucks.
Missing after the flames were knocked down were Sadie and a cat.
"I grabbed her, and had her in a collar with a leash," said Jones. "She got really nervous and wriggled free though, and then she got away from me. I never saw her leave the building, but I heard from some people that they saw her get out. I haven't seen her since then."
Jones said posters showing Sadie were posted around the city by Granite State Dog Recovery volunteers, and that ever since calls have been coming in.
"There have been about 15 sightings," said Jones. "At first they were around Auburn Street and Central Street, but now they seem to have branched out. She seems likes she's expanding her territory a bit."
Sadie is described as weighing about 50 poundds, a reddish-brown color, with one blue eye and one brown eye. She also has an area of white on her chest. Anyone who spots her is asked to call Jones at 247-9392.
"She's really very friendly," said Jones. "She's the sweetest thing. I miss her, and I'm just hoping someone out there can help me find her."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Answers sought over dead ducks, geese - 0
- Derry residents debate dog leash law - 0
- Man who shot Huskies was worried he would be target of animal rights groups - 20
- Police say three Huskies missing in Merrimack were mistaken as wolves and shot, killed - 75
- Three missing Siberian Huskies found dead - 5
- 3 communities may share animal officer - 0
- Merrimack dog owner desperate to find three missing Huskies - 1
- Dock-diving dogs woof it up at Humane Society fundraiser - 0
- Walk for Whiskers to raise money to support shelter - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pedestrian struck in Keene - 0
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
- Manchester Marathon day to draw about 1,700 runners - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Londonderry vs. Salem is a playoff contest - 0
- Another View - Jeanne Shaheen: What it means to put New Hampshire first - 3
- Another View -- Scott Brown: To change direction, we need to change senators - 7
- Patricia LaFrance: For Hillsborough County Attorney - 1
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four