After losing everything in fire, Manchester owner desperate to find dog
"I lost everything in that fire," said Brandy Jones. "I thought I lost my Sadie too, but now people are calling and telling me they have seen her. I just hope I can see her again someday."
'Sadie' is a pit bull blue tick hound mix, who has been missing since a three-alarm blaze tore through a 12-unit apartment building at 213 Green St. on Feb. 5, A dozen people, including seven adults and five children, were temporarily homeless after the blaze, which firefighters battled for more than four hours using eight trucks.
Missing after the flames were knocked down were Sadie and a cat.
"I grabbed her, and had her in a collar with a leash," said Jones. "She got really nervous and wriggled free though, and then she got away from me. I never saw her leave the building, but I heard from some people that they saw her get out. I haven't seen her since then."
Jones said posters showing Sadie were posted around the city by Granite State Dog Recovery volunteers, and that ever since calls have been coming in.
"There have been about 15 sightings," said Jones. "At first they were around Auburn Street and Central Street, but now they seem to have branched out. She seems likes she's expanding her territory a bit."
Sadie is described as weighing about 50 poundds, a reddish-brown color, with one blue eye and one brown eye. She also has an area of white on her chest. Anyone who spots her is asked to call Jones at 247-9392.
"She's really very friendly," said Jones. "She's the sweetest thing. I miss her, and I'm just hoping someone out there can help me find her."
READER COMMENTS: 13
- Charles Arlinghaus: Don't believe hype on Medicaid expansion - 0
- Thomas Sowell: Common sense vs. the military's pursuit of political correctness - 0
- Diana Lacey: $50 million in personnel cuts would hurt NH - 26
- Jonah Goldberg: Freedom: the unfolding revolution - 4
- Deroy Murdock: Corruption aside, the IRS has too much Obamacare authority - 8
- Thomas Sowell: There's lots of bad economic thinking in the immigration debate - 0
- Roger Simon: The slacker who came in from the cold - 3
- Charles Krauthammer: Pushing the envelope, NSA-style - 4
- George Will: Slipping the Constitution's leash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 0
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 2
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
- Should NH outlaw puppy mills?
- Total Votes: 37