After losing everything in fire, Manchester owner desperate to find dog
"I lost everything in that fire," said Brandy Jones. "I thought I lost my Sadie too, but now people are calling and telling me they have seen her. I just hope I can see her again someday."
'Sadie' is a pit bull blue tick hound mix, who has been missing since a three-alarm blaze tore through a 12-unit apartment building at 213 Green St. on Feb. 5, A dozen people, including seven adults and five children, were temporarily homeless after the blaze, which firefighters battled for more than four hours using eight trucks.
Missing after the flames were knocked down were Sadie and a cat.
"I grabbed her, and had her in a collar with a leash," said Jones. "She got really nervous and wriggled free though, and then she got away from me. I never saw her leave the building, but I heard from some people that they saw her get out. I haven't seen her since then."
Jones said posters showing Sadie were posted around the city by Granite State Dog Recovery volunteers, and that ever since calls have been coming in.
"There have been about 15 sightings," said Jones. "At first they were around Auburn Street and Central Street, but now they seem to have branched out. She seems likes she's expanding her territory a bit."
Sadie is described as weighing about 50 poundds, a reddish-brown color, with one blue eye and one brown eye. She also has an area of white on her chest. Anyone who spots her is asked to call Jones at 247-9392.
"She's really very friendly," said Jones. "She's the sweetest thing. I miss her, and I'm just hoping someone out there can help me find her."
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Northern Pass vs. the unregulated - 3
- Former PNE power customers promised payment - 1
- Legislation gives Northern Pass project a pass, foes insist - 11
- DOE hears from NH Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte on Northern Pass project - 4
- NH Chambers of Commerce opinions on Northern Pass split geographically - 0
- Northern Pass told in White Mountains: Get off our land - 34
- Wind farms inspire email blast to NH lawmakers - 7
- Natural gas supplier: We'll still take on PSNH - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fisher Cats, New Britain split - 0
- Ayotte praises first responders, veterans - 0
- Fremont man returned to face NH charges - 0
- Portsmouth Naval Shipyard holds change of command ceremony - 0
- Sons' overdoses spur father to share his story with others - 0
- Miller ready to spell, but doesn't want to go 'Dutch' - 0
- Weather to slowly improve over long weekend - 0
- 4 arrested in investigation of heroin sales in Portsmouth - 0
- Golf cart to make visits to veterans cemetery easier - 0
Gun Review: Ruger 1-S .475 Linebaugh
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions
- Should NH outlaw puppy mills?
- Total Votes: 37