NHIAA Roundup: Syrene's hat trick propels Memorial over Nashua South
Syrene, who has 10 goals and 10 assists, gave the Crusaders a 1-0 lead 5:48 into the game.
Nashua South's Steven Saucier and Dan Leblanc, and Memorial's Ethan Pollock and Syrene traded middle-period goals before Brendan Sullivan and Syrene closed the game's scoring with third-period strikes.
Memorial (13-3) controlled the game's tempo as much of the game was played in the Purple Panthers' end. Memorial goalie Aaron Nicholas notched the victory with just eight saves. South goalie Alexander Lake was busy and stopped 43 shots.
South is 1-15.
Londonderry 6, Nashua North 2: In Nashua, Curtis Harper tallied a hat trick and Eric Coburn added two goals and two assists for Londonderry, 11-4-1. Londonderry goalie Mitchell Schirch stopped 18 shots while Nashua North goalie Jake Genest turned back 20 shots. Jonathan Searles and Robert LaVine each scored for the Titans (5-11).
Central 6, Concord 3: In Manchester, Austin Sprague scored three goals, giving him 24 goals and 15 assists on the year for the Little Green (12-4-0). His brother Devon, a defenseman, added two goals, giving him 10 this season with seven assists.
Tim Tetrault added four assists while Jon Mathieu had one goal and one assist. Concord (6-9-2) received goals from Harrison Murphy, Braden Smith and Bradley Sargent.
Dover 6, Timberlane 4: At Dover, the Green Wave erupted for four first-period goals and improved their Division II record to 9-5-1 at the Dover Arena. Cam Crowley and Ben Henderson led Dover with two goals apiece while Kieran Lombard and Connor Gaffney rounded out the scoring.
Timberlane (1-14) trailed 5-0 early in the second before rallying. Jim Perry had a hat trick.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- UNH fires coach McCloskey over 'incident of inappropriate physical contact with a player' - 0
- UNH No. 18 in USCHO.com poll - 0
- Since Day 1, a focus on excellence for Penmen - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Once more, with even more feeling - 0
- NH College Roundup: Dartmouth basketball team rips Maine - 0
- Dartmouth hockey team tops Harvard for first victory - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Defense drives Wildcats' bus -- all the way to Orono - 1
- Men's Hockey: DeSmith posts shutout as Wildcats sweep Colorado College - 0
- College Football: Complete victory sees UNH move on in FCS playoffs - 1
READER COMMENTS: 23
- UNH drops Saturday night game to BC, 2-1 - 0
- Patriots stun Cleveland in another wild comeback - 0
- Mass. man says he may have seen missing Conway girl on video - 1
- 'Unprepared' Canadian hikers rescued from Mt. Washington - 1
- Vemont pair killed, Sunapee man hurt in crash on I-89 in Lebanon - 0
- Napoli returns to Boston with two-year deal - 0
- Celtics come up big against Nuggets - 0
- Johnson honored for sixth NASCAR title - 0
- Kilpatrick leads UNH women past Dartmouth - 0
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m.
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
UNH lecturers seek to unionize