Bob Pike, new Salem High football coach, says he's 'ready to go'
Salem athletic director Dave Rozumek said the hire became official Tuesday night.
"I'm very confident it was a good hire," Rozumek said. "I've been around him, and I know he'll do a good job."
Pike, 32, replaces Adam Gagne, who resigned after one year as Salem's head coach to become the head coach at Westford (Mass.) Academy. Salem was 0-11 under Gagne and was outscored 387-147.
"For a couple of years now, I feel I've been ready to be a head coach," Pike said. "As soon as Adam left, I spoke to Dave (Rozumek) about putting my name in for the job. I'm super excited."
Pike lives in Haverhill, Mass., and teaches history at Haverhill High School. He played running back and linebacker at Haverhill High and was then part of the St. Anselm College football program's first freshman class.
Pike was Salem's offensive line coach last season.
"I'm from Massachusetts, but I love New Hampshire football," Pike said. "We had our first meeting this week. It's nice that I already know the kids and they already know me. That's an advantage.
"They're ready to go, and I'm ready to go."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown team to beat in NHIAA Div. II baseball tourney - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford rolls in NHIAA tennis tournament opener - 0
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Londonderry’s double threat - 0
- Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone - 0
- John Habib's High School Track: North boys loom as favorites in Division I meet - 0
- Londonderry blanks Exeter for third shutout in a row - 0
- NHIAA Division I baseball tourney picture about to become clear - 1
- NHIAA Tennis: Bedford is championship-focused - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Hanover's Cravero hurls another no-hitter - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Warwick Mills scores $94.3 million contract from Army for body armor - 0
- Senate OKs medical pot, with plenty of restrictions - 0
- Rangers win in overtime, stay alive for Game 5 - 0
- Hanefeld shoots 74 at Senior PGA - 0
- Bishop Libasci to ordain 2 at St. Joseph Cathedral - 0
- Price tag to restore chimney about $1m - 0
- Officials disallow Woodmont slide show - 0
- Officials question Nashua parking proposal - 0
- House bill lowers emissions cap to meet RGGI standards - 0
License revocations for DWI announced