Bob Pike, new Salem High football coach, says he's 'ready to go'
Salem athletic director Dave Rozumek said the hire became official Tuesday night.
"I'm very confident it was a good hire," Rozumek said. "I've been around him, and I know he'll do a good job."
Pike, 32, replaces Adam Gagne, who resigned after one year as Salem's head coach to become the head coach at Westford (Mass.) Academy. Salem was 0-11 under Gagne and was outscored 387-147.
"For a couple of years now, I feel I've been ready to be a head coach," Pike said. "As soon as Adam left, I spoke to Dave (Rozumek) about putting my name in for the job. I'm super excited."
Pike lives in Haverhill, Mass., and teaches history at Haverhill High School. He played running back and linebacker at Haverhill High and was then part of the St. Anselm College football program's first freshman class.
Pike was Salem's offensive line coach last season.
"I'm from Massachusetts, but I love New Hampshire football," Pike said. "We had our first meeting this week. It's nice that I already know the kids and they already know me. That's an advantage.
"They're ready to go, and I'm ready to go."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Warner officials research solar energy project - 0
- $22.3m approved for MTBE assessment plan - 1
- 11th-hour deal in Seabrook Station labor battle - 1
- Seabrook Station labor lockout would draw NRC presence - 5
- No agreement reached in Seabrook Station labor talks - 0
- Seabrook plant close to lockout in union dispute - 53
- Wind-power foes object to forum sites - 10
- Decision on merits of PSNH scrubber goes back to PUC - 1
- Grafton residents glad to be dropped from wind project - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Iginla strikes twice as red-hot Bruins top Oilers - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
- Gaming authority offers regulatory structure - 0
- Portsmouth man gets prison for sex assault of disabled woman - 0
- Wolfeboro nursing home evacuated after minor chemical spill - 0
- Dover woman admits to bank robberies in two states - 0
- Motorists injured in two car collision on Route 9, Spofford - 0
- Arrest made in attempted robbery of Littleton gas station - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch
Keene to appeal Robin Hood rulings