Concord Monitor: Raise the cigarette tax? Thats easy!
According to the Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids, which supports higher tobacco taxes at the state and federal levels, the effect of significant cigarette tax increases are easy to predict: The reduction in sales is typically dwarfed by the new revenue from those who keep buying.
LATEST NEW HAMPSHIRE ANGLE
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two seriously injured in head-on crash in Bedford - 0
- Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease - 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Nongame, Endangered Wildlife Program turns 25 - 0
- North Country open for business - 0
- To get away, they come to NH - 0
- Win tickets to see American Idol Live! - 0
- Bach's Lunch Series Concludes in June with Music of Night and Nature - 0
- Open House at Owl Brook Hunter Education Center on June 1 - 0
- From middle school to Middle Ages in Windham - 0
Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease
Win tickets to see American Idol Live!
To get away, they come to NH
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty