Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Two NH men charged in series of daytime burglaries
The arrests came after law-enforcement officials formed a regional burglary task force because of 35 daytime burglaries in Pelham, Hudson, Dracut, Mass., and Tyngsborough, Mass. Jewelry and electronics were the targets of the burglars who, in most cases, forced their way into the homes.
Detectives identified two suspects in the burglaries after recovering stolen property at area pawn shops.
After a six-week investigation, detectives had enough evidence to question the two suspects identified as Matthew Szczechura, 29, of Pelham, and Jeffrey Lavoie, 26, of Hudson.
About 5 p.m. Monday, police stopped their vehicle on Mammoth Road in Pelham and arrested them after recovering evidence from the car. Later, police said they learned of four burglaries that same day in Windham, Danville and Sandown, and found some stolen items from those break-ins on Szczechura and Lavoie.
Investigators seized the vehicle and applied for a search warrant. Detectives said the two men were involved in about 20 burglaries that occurred in Pelham, Windham, Hudson, Danville, Sandown and Dracut and Tyngsborough. Police also believe the two men may have been involved in several other burglaries in area towns.
Szczechura is charged with being a fugitive from justice on a burglary warrant out of Dracut, burglary, and conspiracy to commit burglary in Pelham.
Lavoie is charged with burglary and conspiracy to commit burglary in Pelham. The two will be facing additional burglary-related charges out of Dracut, Tyngsborough, Windham, Hudson, Sandown and Danville. Both are being held pending arraignment Tuesday in 10th Circuit Court, Salem District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 13
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Driver overdosing on heroin causes crash - 0
- Hill sex offender arrested for 2012 arson of own home in Northfield - 0
- Deliberations begin in trial of former Derry man accused of sex assault - 0
- Mazzaglia pleads guilty to devising escape plan - 1
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bedford used pick-six to beat Central - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bishop Guertin completes miracle, makes playoffs with win over Nashua South - 0
- NHIAA Football Roundup: Souhegan closes out season with a win - 0
- NHIAA Football: Londonderry edges Salem in wild finish - 0
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483