Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Two NH men charged in series of daytime burglaries
The arrests came after law-enforcement officials formed a regional burglary task force because of 35 daytime burglaries in Pelham, Hudson, Dracut, Mass., and Tyngsborough, Mass. Jewelry and electronics were the targets of the burglars who, in most cases, forced their way into the homes.
Detectives identified two suspects in the burglaries after recovering stolen property at area pawn shops.
After a six-week investigation, detectives had enough evidence to question the two suspects identified as Matthew Szczechura, 29, of Pelham, and Jeffrey Lavoie, 26, of Hudson.
About 5 p.m. Monday, police stopped their vehicle on Mammoth Road in Pelham and arrested them after recovering evidence from the car. Later, police said they learned of four burglaries that same day in Windham, Danville and Sandown, and found some stolen items from those break-ins on Szczechura and Lavoie.
Investigators seized the vehicle and applied for a search warrant. Detectives said the two men were involved in about 20 burglaries that occurred in Pelham, Windham, Hudson, Danville, Sandown and Dracut and Tyngsborough. Police also believe the two men may have been involved in several other burglaries in area towns.
Szczechura is charged with being a fugitive from justice on a burglary warrant out of Dracut, burglary, and conspiracy to commit burglary in Pelham.
Lavoie is charged with burglary and conspiracy to commit burglary in Pelham. The two will be facing additional burglary-related charges out of Dracut, Tyngsborough, Windham, Hudson, Sandown and Danville. Both are being held pending arraignment Tuesday in 10th Circuit Court, Salem District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Pembroke man pleads guilty to Maine bank robberies - 0
- Former Littleton man sentenced to prison for crash that injured 4 - 1
- Pelham man arrested in theft of jewelry - 0
- UPDATE: Mass. man wanted for targeting victims through online dating site arrested - 4
- Police suspect same man with small bat robbed Bow store, failed in Goffstown try - 0
- Driver was trying to kill himself - 22
- 2 NH men accused of drug trafficking - 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 3
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mass. man rescued from Mt. Haystack in Franconia - 0
- Police say drug suspect crashed into Windham cruiser, sheriff's car during bust - 1
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Gregg for the US Senate again? 'Been there, done that,' he says - 0
- New health insurer to enter NH marketplace in 2015 - 1
- Firefighters from 10 communities fight second 3-alarm fire in one day in Loudon - 0
- UPDATE: Lancaster man, 74, killed in head-on Columbia crash - 0
- Parents share what makes Abigail a special girl - 0
- UPDATE: Mother, daughter fell from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- AL East looks loaded again in 2014 - 0
Driver was trying to kill himself
Big tipper stops for lunch
2 NH men accused of drug trafficking
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424