Home » News » Public Safety
Three promoted at Manchester Police Department
Officer Brandon Murphy, a 10-year veteran of the police department, and Officer Christopher Goodnow, who joined the department in 1997, were both promoted to sergeant.
Sgt. Todd Boucher, who has been with the department since 1995, was promoted to lieutenant.
Murphy has served as a patrol officer and as a detective assigned to the Special Enforcement Division. He is an element leader on SWAT and also is an instructor for the Tactical Officer Association. He is a graduate of Trinity High School and St. Anselm College.
Goodnow was with the Rockingham County Sheriff's Office for two years before he joined the police department in 1997. He was a patrol officer and K-9 handler before his most recent assignment to the Community Policing Division. He was an instructor at the Manchester Police Canine Academy and currently serves as the unit's trainer. A graduate of Londonderry High School, Goodnow has certification in a number of specialized training programs.
Boucher is a 23-year veteran of law enforcement, having first served as an officer with the Allenstown and Litchfield police departments before joining the Manchester police force in 1995. He served as a patrol officer and also was assigned to the Mounted Unit before his promotion to sergeant in 2006, assigned to the patrol division as a supervisor. Boucher is a graduate of Alvirne High School and Hesser College.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester fire heavily damages one apartment - 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
- Nashua YMCA lifeguard: ‘My training just kicked in and instincts took over’ - 0
- Milford police officers want to meet you for coffee - 2
- Nashua parents: Clean up the sidewalks for students' safety - 0
- Manchester police car in collision at Union and Hayward streets - 0
- Northwood fire prompts firefighters to urge residents to clean chimneys - 0
- Rochester pedestrian, 18, struck, suffers minor injuries - 0
- Haverhill man receives call every homeowner dreads - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 2
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 8
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 4
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again