Home » News » Public Safety
Three promoted at Manchester Police Department
Officer Brandon Murphy, a 10-year veteran of the police department, and Officer Christopher Goodnow, who joined the department in 1997, were both promoted to sergeant.
Sgt. Todd Boucher, who has been with the department since 1995, was promoted to lieutenant.
Murphy has served as a patrol officer and as a detective assigned to the Special Enforcement Division. He is an element leader on SWAT and also is an instructor for the Tactical Officer Association. He is a graduate of Trinity High School and St. Anselm College.
Goodnow was with the Rockingham County Sheriff's Office for two years before he joined the police department in 1997. He was a patrol officer and K-9 handler before his most recent assignment to the Community Policing Division. He was an instructor at the Manchester Police Canine Academy and currently serves as the unit's trainer. A graduate of Londonderry High School, Goodnow has certification in a number of specialized training programs.
Boucher is a 23-year veteran of law enforcement, having first served as an officer with the Allenstown and Litchfield police departments before joining the Manchester police force in 1995. He served as a patrol officer and also was assigned to the Mounted Unit before his promotion to sergeant in 2006, assigned to the patrol division as a supervisor. Boucher is a graduate of Alvirne High School and Hesser College.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NY man stable after destroying classic Porsche 911 in Route 16 wreck - 1
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Teen hurt in Amherst boating crash - 0
- Ceremony for fallen police officers honors service and sacrifice - 2
- Amtrak suspends New York-Boston service after two trains collide in Conn.; up to 60 hurt - 0
- Two hurt in Epping crash involving bus, five other vehicles - 0
- New Boston man killed in fiery Mont Vernon crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 3
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 0
- Gate City Musings: Mayor just keeps on spending - 0
- Nashua set to begin budget review - 0
- Manchester 'homeless meter' program seeks to deter panhandling - 0
Volunteer drivers needed in Windham
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
43 killers on lifetime parole - but where?