Home » News » Public Safety
Three promoted at Manchester Police Department
Promoted in a ceremony at the Manchester Police Department Tuesday were Lt. Todd Boucher, left, Sgt. Brandon Murphy, and Sgt. Christopher Goodnow.
Officer Brandon Murphy, a 10-year veteran of the police department, and Officer Christopher Goodnow, who joined the department in 1997, were both promoted to sergeant.
Sgt. Todd Boucher, who has been with the department since 1995, was promoted to lieutenant.
Murphy has served as a patrol officer and as a detective assigned to the Special Enforcement Division. He is an element leader on SWAT and also is an instructor for the Tactical Officer Association. He is a graduate of Trinity High School and St. Anselm College.
Goodnow was with the Rockingham County Sheriff's Office for two years before he joined the police department in 1997. He was a patrol officer and K-9 handler before his most recent assignment to the Community Policing Division. He was an instructor at the Manchester Police Canine Academy and currently serves as the unit's trainer. A graduate of Londonderry High School, Goodnow has certification in a number of specialized training programs.
Boucher is a 23-year veteran of law enforcement, having first served as an officer with the Allenstown and Litchfield police departments before joining the Manchester police force in 1995. He served as a patrol officer and also was assigned to the Mounted Unit before his promotion to sergeant in 2006, assigned to the patrol division as a supervisor. Boucher is a graduate of Alvirne High School and Hesser College.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 0
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
- Concrete chunk falls onto sidewalk from Elm Street building in Manchester - 0
- Traffic, parking complaints related to Hollis farm stand - 0
- Crews still working on replacing poles after accident - 0
- Woman, 56, struck by car in Laconia accident - 0
- Manchester police investigate two crashes involving two cruisers - 3
- Boy on scooter hits moving vehicle, taken to hospital - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Commodore Nutt takes D.C. by storm - 1
- School's out for voters - 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 11
- Senate battle attracts 17,000 TV ads in NH - 2
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 1
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 2
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Demaryius Thomas is x-factor for Broncos' offense - 1
- College Football: Big Green ready for tussle with Harvard - 0
- UNH Notebook: Albany is much improved - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer