Home » News » Public Safety
Three promoted at Manchester Police Department
Officer Brandon Murphy, a 10-year veteran of the police department, and Officer Christopher Goodnow, who joined the department in 1997, were both promoted to sergeant.
Sgt. Todd Boucher, who has been with the department since 1995, was promoted to lieutenant.
Murphy has served as a patrol officer and as a detective assigned to the Special Enforcement Division. He is an element leader on SWAT and also is an instructor for the Tactical Officer Association. He is a graduate of Trinity High School and St. Anselm College.
Goodnow was with the Rockingham County Sheriff's Office for two years before he joined the police department in 1997. He was a patrol officer and K-9 handler before his most recent assignment to the Community Policing Division. He was an instructor at the Manchester Police Canine Academy and currently serves as the unit's trainer. A graduate of Londonderry High School, Goodnow has certification in a number of specialized training programs.
Boucher is a 23-year veteran of law enforcement, having first served as an officer with the Allenstown and Litchfield police departments before joining the Manchester police force in 1995. He served as a patrol officer and also was assigned to the Mounted Unit before his promotion to sergeant in 2006, assigned to the patrol division as a supervisor. Boucher is a graduate of Alvirne High School and Hesser College.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Man pulled from Barnstead pickup truck wreck with serious head injury - 0
- Fish and Game says Gilford bear shooting was proper - 3
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 7
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Will House, Senate continue the feud? - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: City down to the wire on school budget, superintendent - 0
- Service planned for mother of Newtown school shooter - 0
- ENH Power parent firm accused of false advertising - 0
- Soldier from Pelham remembered for self-sacrifice - 0
- New Hampshire energy suppliers announce new alliance - 0
- Mont Vernon murder mastermind drops appeal, citing 'personal and moral' reasons - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Are B's destiny's darlings? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Lackey's performance key for Sox - 0
Fireworks, parade slated in Manchester