Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester police win community policing award
Lincoln Police Chief Theodore Smith, third vice president of the association, made the presentation at an award ceremony Tuesday at the police station.
Manchester Police Department won in the category for New England communities with a population of more than 50,000.
The original award was given annually for 10 years by the New England Community Policing Partnership until that group disbanded. NEACP decided to reintroduce the award this year.
The other winning police departments are in Yarmouth, Mass., for a midsize community, and UMASS Dartmouth, for communities under 15,000.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 0
- Derry police recover stolen box for worn flags - 0
- Chief to Chef: Charlestown veteran chief leaving for food venture - 0
- Fire Marshal's Office didn't condemn school's historic stage - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
- Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze - 0
- Slippery slide makes Monday driving tough - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: New NHDP campaign calls on Scott Brown to disclose clients - 0
- Glitches resolved in new managed-care Medicaid system - 0
- Two sent to the hospital after Barrington crash - 0
- Two armed robberies overnight in Manchester - 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 2
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072