All Sections
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:67
Welcome guest, you have 2 views left. | Register | Sign In


Manchester woman burned in oxygen accident

MANCHESTER - A 53-year-old woman was smoking in bed Monday night while on oxygen, which caused an explosion that burned her face and her airway, according to fire officials.

District Chief James Michael said the woman, whose name has yet to be released, was smoking in bed in her second-floor apartment at 298 Cartier St.

About 7:45 p.m., the oxygen exploded and caught the bed on fire, which burned the woman's face and the plastic tubing feeding the oxygen, Micheal said. She was taken to Catholic Medical Center for treatment.

Michael did not know her condition Tuesday morning.


action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:88
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:64
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:2
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:

        

FOLLOW US
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow our RSS feed
Union Leader app for Apple iPad or Android *
Click to download from Apple Apps StoreClick to download from Android Marketplace
* e-Edition subscription required

More Public Safety


NH Angle - Public Safety