action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:67

Home » News » Public Safety

February 19. 2013 8:16AM

Manchester woman burned in oxygen accident

MANCHESTER - A 53-year-old woman was smoking in bed Monday night while on oxygen, which caused an explosion that burned her face and her airway, according to fire officials.

District Chief James Michael said the woman, whose name has yet to be released, was smoking in bed in her second-floor apartment at 298 Cartier St.

About 7:45 p.m., the oxygen exploded and caught the bed on fire, which burned the woman's face and the plastic tubing feeding the oxygen, Micheal said. She was taken to Catholic Medical Center for treatment.

Michael did not know her condition Tuesday morning.


Follow us:
Twitter icon Facebook icon RSS icon
Sorry, no question available

 New Hampshire Business Directory

  

   ╗ ADD YOUR BUSINESS TODAY!

 New Hampshire Events Calendar
    

   ╗ SHARE EVENTS FOR PUBLICATION, IT'S FREE!

Upcoming Events