All Sections
Welcome guest, you have 3 views left.  Register| Sign In

Home | Public Safety

Manchester woman burned in oxygen accident


February 19. 2013 8:16AM


MANCHESTER - A 53-year-old woman was smoking in bed Monday night while on oxygen, which caused an explosion that burned her face and her airway, according to fire officials.

District Chief James Michael said the woman, whose name has yet to be released, was smoking in bed in her second-floor apartment at 298 Cartier St.

About 7:45 p.m., the oxygen exploded and caught the bed on fire, which burned the woman's face and the plastic tubing feeding the oxygen, Micheal said. She was taken to Catholic Medical Center for treatment.

Michael did not know her condition Tuesday morning.


Fires Manchester


More Headlines

AG: Deaths in Grantham home were both suicides

Footrace for the Fallen raises more than 20k

Aggregation