Home » Sports » College Sports
NH College Roundup: Richard's hat trick leads St. Anselm
The Hawks finished their regular season at 14-8-3, including 4-1-0 in Northeast-10 play to clinch both the league title and the No. 1 seed in the upcoming NE-10 tournament.
St. Anselm will host Stonehill again on Saturday at 7 p.m. in the NE-10 tourney.
Plymouth State 5, Fitchburg State 1: In a MASCAC regular-season finale at Hanaway Rink, the Panthers extended their unbeaten streak (4-0-1) to five games. Sophomores Zach Sarig and Mike Freitag scored a pair of goals each. PSU, which has cliched the MASCAC regular-season title, improved to 18-6-1 overall, 14-3-1 in the league.
Albertus Magnus 75, Rivier 67: In the Great Northeast Atlantic Conference quarterfinals, the fifth-seeded visitors broke away in the fourth quarter, courtesy of Kendra Walker's 15 straight points. Hudson's Deanna Purcell scored 26 points to lead fourth-seeded Rivier, which finished 15-10.
Western Connecticut 52, Keene State 34: The hosts forged a 24-point halftime lead and cruised in the Little East Conference quarterfinals. Siobhan Cornell scored 12 points for Keene State, which finished 9-17.
Southern Maine 63, Plymouth State 31: The top seed in the Little East Conference breezed in the quarterfinal game in Gorham, Maine.
Krystin Corliss of Loudon led PSU (1-24) with seven points.
Regis 60, Daniel Webster 58: Jose Allen of Daniel Webster scored a game-high 15 points in the NECC Tournament first-round loss. Daniel Webster finished 11-15 overall.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Northern Pass vs. the unregulated - 3
- Former PNE power customers promised payment - 1
- Legislation gives Northern Pass project a pass, foes insist - 11
- DOE hears from NH Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte on Northern Pass project - 4
- NH Chambers of Commerce opinions on Northern Pass split geographically - 0
- Northern Pass told in White Mountains: Get off our land - 34
- Wind farms inspire email blast to NH lawmakers - 7
- Natural gas supplier: We'll still take on PSNH - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 0
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 0
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- 65 mph OK for E-ZPass drivers with opening of new lanes at Hooksett toll plaza - 1
- Updated: NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 3
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 12
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 32
License revocations for DWI announced