Home » Sports » College Sports
NH College Roundup: Richard's hat trick leads St. Anselm
The Hawks finished their regular season at 14-8-3, including 4-1-0 in Northeast-10 play to clinch both the league title and the No. 1 seed in the upcoming NE-10 tournament.
St. Anselm will host Stonehill again on Saturday at 7 p.m. in the NE-10 tourney.
Plymouth State 5, Fitchburg State 1: In a MASCAC regular-season finale at Hanaway Rink, the Panthers extended their unbeaten streak (4-0-1) to five games. Sophomores Zach Sarig and Mike Freitag scored a pair of goals each. PSU, which has cliched the MASCAC regular-season title, improved to 18-6-1 overall, 14-3-1 in the league.
Albertus Magnus 75, Rivier 67: In the Great Northeast Atlantic Conference quarterfinals, the fifth-seeded visitors broke away in the fourth quarter, courtesy of Kendra Walker's 15 straight points. Hudson's Deanna Purcell scored 26 points to lead fourth-seeded Rivier, which finished 15-10.
Western Connecticut 52, Keene State 34: The hosts forged a 24-point halftime lead and cruised in the Little East Conference quarterfinals. Siobhan Cornell scored 12 points for Keene State, which finished 9-17.
Southern Maine 63, Plymouth State 31: The top seed in the Little East Conference breezed in the quarterfinal game in Gorham, Maine.
Krystin Corliss of Loudon led PSU (1-24) with seven points.
Regis 60, Daniel Webster 58: Jose Allen of Daniel Webster scored a game-high 15 points in the NECC Tournament first-round loss. Daniel Webster finished 11-15 overall.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Angry birds clash - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Wildcats defeat Maine to advance - 1
- UNH drops Saturday night game to BC, 2-1 - 0
- SNHU wins national title - 1
- UNH fires coach McCloskey over 'incident of inappropriate physical contact with a player' - 0
- UNH No. 18 in USCHO.com poll - 0
- Since Day 1, a focus on excellence for Penmen - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false