Home » Sports » College Sports
NH College Roundup: Richard's hat trick leads St. Anselm
The Hawks finished their regular season at 14-8-3, including 4-1-0 in Northeast-10 play to clinch both the league title and the No. 1 seed in the upcoming NE-10 tournament.
St. Anselm will host Stonehill again on Saturday at 7 p.m. in the NE-10 tourney.
Plymouth State 5, Fitchburg State 1: In a MASCAC regular-season finale at Hanaway Rink, the Panthers extended their unbeaten streak (4-0-1) to five games. Sophomores Zach Sarig and Mike Freitag scored a pair of goals each. PSU, which has cliched the MASCAC regular-season title, improved to 18-6-1 overall, 14-3-1 in the league.
Albertus Magnus 75, Rivier 67: In the Great Northeast Atlantic Conference quarterfinals, the fifth-seeded visitors broke away in the fourth quarter, courtesy of Kendra Walker's 15 straight points. Hudson's Deanna Purcell scored 26 points to lead fourth-seeded Rivier, which finished 15-10.
Western Connecticut 52, Keene State 34: The hosts forged a 24-point halftime lead and cruised in the Little East Conference quarterfinals. Siobhan Cornell scored 12 points for Keene State, which finished 9-17.
Southern Maine 63, Plymouth State 31: The top seed in the Little East Conference breezed in the quarterfinal game in Gorham, Maine.
Krystin Corliss of Loudon led PSU (1-24) with seven points.
Regis 60, Daniel Webster 58: Jose Allen of Daniel Webster scored a game-high 15 points in the NECC Tournament first-round loss. Daniel Webster finished 11-15 overall.
READER COMMENTS: 28
- Charles Arlinghaus: Don't believe hype on Medicaid expansion - 0
- Thomas Sowell: Common sense vs. the military's pursuit of political correctness - 0
- Diana Lacey: $50 million in personnel cuts would hurt NH - 27
- Jonah Goldberg: Freedom: the unfolding revolution - 4
- Deroy Murdock: Corruption aside, the IRS has too much Obamacare authority - 8
- Thomas Sowell: There's lots of bad economic thinking in the immigration debate - 0
- Roger Simon: The slacker who came in from the cold - 3
- Charles Krauthammer: Pushing the envelope, NSA-style - 4
- George Will: Slipping the Constitution's leash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATED: Senate mum on House proposal for special session on Medicare - 3
- Recent 'Fugitive of the Week' Michelle Smith captured in Nashua - 0
- UPDATED: Senate, House negotiators mull compromise plan to narrowly align state insurance rules with 'Obamacare' - 1
- UPDATED: Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 21
- UPDATE: Salem student receives minor injuries in bus crash - 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 12
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 5
UPDATED: Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off