Home » Sports » College Sports
NH College Roundup: Richard's hat trick leads St. Anselm
The Hawks finished their regular season at 14-8-3, including 4-1-0 in Northeast-10 play to clinch both the league title and the No. 1 seed in the upcoming NE-10 tournament.
St. Anselm will host Stonehill again on Saturday at 7 p.m. in the NE-10 tourney.
Plymouth State 5, Fitchburg State 1: In a MASCAC regular-season finale at Hanaway Rink, the Panthers extended their unbeaten streak (4-0-1) to five games. Sophomores Zach Sarig and Mike Freitag scored a pair of goals each. PSU, which has cliched the MASCAC regular-season title, improved to 18-6-1 overall, 14-3-1 in the league.
Albertus Magnus 75, Rivier 67: In the Great Northeast Atlantic Conference quarterfinals, the fifth-seeded visitors broke away in the fourth quarter, courtesy of Kendra Walker's 15 straight points. Hudson's Deanna Purcell scored 26 points to lead fourth-seeded Rivier, which finished 15-10.
Western Connecticut 52, Keene State 34: The hosts forged a 24-point halftime lead and cruised in the Little East Conference quarterfinals. Siobhan Cornell scored 12 points for Keene State, which finished 9-17.
Southern Maine 63, Plymouth State 31: The top seed in the Little East Conference breezed in the quarterfinal game in Gorham, Maine.
Krystin Corliss of Loudon led PSU (1-24) with seven points.
Regis 60, Daniel Webster 58: Jose Allen of Daniel Webster scored a game-high 15 points in the NECC Tournament first-round loss. Daniel Webster finished 11-15 overall.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- College Baseball: Mathieu, FPU cruise in NCAAs - 0
- College Roundup: SNHU rolls in NCAA opener - 0
- College Baseball: DWC stays alive in NCAAs - 0
- Penmen set sights on return to NCAA Div. II World Series - 0
- Daniel Webster nine loses NCAA test - 0
- NH College Roundup: DWC baseball team begins NCAAs today - 0
- Franklin Pierce University plays in regional opener; SNHU has night game - 0
- College Baseball: KSC nine ousted - 0
- NH College Roundup: KSC's Crisp is top Little East Conference softball honoree - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse - 0
- Underestimating NH: Gun control picks two wrong targets - 0
- Roaming jihadis: A terrorist visits Manchester - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Series key starts, ends with 'Z' - 0
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball jackpot sold in Florida - 0
- NH College Notebook: Honors keep coming for several Granite State athletes - 0
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: Inventors, beware of PGL -- Paranoia, greed and laziness - 0
- Marine think tank to move to former Great Bay campus - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19