Home » Sports » College Sports
NH College Roundup: Richard's hat trick leads St. Anselm
The Hawks finished their regular season at 14-8-3, including 4-1-0 in Northeast-10 play to clinch both the league title and the No. 1 seed in the upcoming NE-10 tournament.
St. Anselm will host Stonehill again on Saturday at 7 p.m. in the NE-10 tourney.
Plymouth State 5, Fitchburg State 1: In a MASCAC regular-season finale at Hanaway Rink, the Panthers extended their unbeaten streak (4-0-1) to five games. Sophomores Zach Sarig and Mike Freitag scored a pair of goals each. PSU, which has cliched the MASCAC regular-season title, improved to 18-6-1 overall, 14-3-1 in the league.
Albertus Magnus 75, Rivier 67: In the Great Northeast Atlantic Conference quarterfinals, the fifth-seeded visitors broke away in the fourth quarter, courtesy of Kendra Walker's 15 straight points. Hudson's Deanna Purcell scored 26 points to lead fourth-seeded Rivier, which finished 15-10.
Western Connecticut 52, Keene State 34: The hosts forged a 24-point halftime lead and cruised in the Little East Conference quarterfinals. Siobhan Cornell scored 12 points for Keene State, which finished 9-17.
Southern Maine 63, Plymouth State 31: The top seed in the Little East Conference breezed in the quarterfinal game in Gorham, Maine.
Krystin Corliss of Loudon led PSU (1-24) with seven points.
Regis 60, Daniel Webster 58: Jose Allen of Daniel Webster scored a game-high 15 points in the NECC Tournament first-round loss. Daniel Webster finished 11-15 overall.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Deroy Murdock: These are a few of my favorite charities - 0
- John Dumais: How GMO food labeling would hurt New Hampshire - 2
- George Will: Obama's epiphanies about governing - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Liberals are culture war aggressors - 2
- Bruce Berke: A minimum wage hike would hurt NH's young people - 41
- Patrick J. Buchanan: Does the future belong to Asia? - 0
- David Harsanyi : What the Pope gets wrong about capitalism - 5
- Bob Witkop: Obama is not the only one to blame for Obamacare - 28
- Jonah Goldberg: Coming to grips with the rise of the machines - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 0
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 0
- Big league gambling: AG makes right call on casinos - 0
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
- Chargers edge Manning, Broncos, 27-20 - 0
- Iginla strikes twice as red-hot Bruins top Oilers - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch
Keene to appeal Robin Hood rulings