Submissions welcome for K Rocks! battle of the bands fundraiser
MANCHESTER - High school rock bands from New Hampshire will compete for more than $1,000 in cash and prizes at the third annual K Rocks! Battle of the Bands.
Presented by the Kiwanis Club of Manchester, the event is scheduled for March 16, beginning at 7 p.m. at the Palace Theatre.
Celebrity judges will be on hand and Still Well Angel, a Boston-based metal band, will once again be there to provide all the backline equipment and technical support. Once the battle is complete, Still Well Angel will play a set.
All funds raised by the K Rocks! Battle of the Bands will be distributed to local, youth nonprofits supported by the Kiwanis Club of Manchester.
The bands are to be comprised, principally, of musicians attending high schools in New Hampshire. Music samples or band website links may be emailed to: email@example.com or digital media mailed to: Rob Batchelder, K Rocks! Co-Chair, 14 Tavistock Drive, Bedford, NH 03110. Text or call Rob at 714-0342. The deadline to enter is Sunday and the top eight bands will be invited to compete. Additional information is available at www.krocks.org.
Tickets are $12 for adults and $9 for 17 and under, and can be purchased online through the Palace Theatre, www.palacetheatre.org, or at the box office.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.