Submissions welcome for K Rocks! battle of the bands fundraiser
Presented by the Kiwanis Club of Manchester, the event is scheduled for March 16, beginning at 7 p.m. at the Palace Theatre.
Celebrity judges will be on hand and Still Well Angel, a Boston-based metal band, will once again be there to provide all the backline equipment and technical support. Once the battle is complete, Still Well Angel will play a set.
All funds raised by the K Rocks! Battle of the Bands will be distributed to local, youth nonprofits supported by the Kiwanis Club of Manchester.
The bands are to be comprised, principally, of musicians attending high schools in New Hampshire. Music samples or band website links may be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or digital media mailed to: Rob Batchelder, K Rocks! Co-Chair, 14 Tavistock Drive, Bedford, NH 03110. Text or call Rob at 714-0342. The deadline to enter is Sunday and the top eight bands will be invited to compete. Additional information is available at www.krocks.org.
Tickets are $12 for adults and $9 for 17 and under, and can be purchased online through the Palace Theatre, www.palacetheatre.org, or at the box office.
Arts & Entertainment
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fishermen say lie-detector test keeps Winni Derby honest - 0
- Some Winni Derby fishermen report seeing smaller catches - 0
- Tour de Breakfast fuels about 466 who bicycled, walked to work - 0
- A Family Promise holding talent search for fall fundraiser - 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Of all wild bird songs, the fox sparrow's sound is the 'sweetest' - 0
- Record Powerball jackpot has Granite Staters dreaming - 1
- Online fund set up for Salem house fire victims - 0
- Hooksett Police Commission walks away - 1
- Win tickets to see the Rolling Stones! - 0
Hooksett Police Commission walks away
A great day for a road race
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Of all wild bird songs, the fox sparrow's sound is the 'sweetest'
Win tickets to see the Rolling Stones!
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos