Submissions welcome for K Rocks! battle of the bands fundraiser
Presented by the Kiwanis Club of Manchester, the event is scheduled for March 16, beginning at 7 p.m. at the Palace Theatre.
Celebrity judges will be on hand and Still Well Angel, a Boston-based metal band, will once again be there to provide all the backline equipment and technical support. Once the battle is complete, Still Well Angel will play a set.
All funds raised by the K Rocks! Battle of the Bands will be distributed to local, youth nonprofits supported by the Kiwanis Club of Manchester.
The bands are to be comprised, principally, of musicians attending high schools in New Hampshire. Music samples or band website links may be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or digital media mailed to: Rob Batchelder, K Rocks! Co-Chair, 14 Tavistock Drive, Bedford, NH 03110. Text or call Rob at 714-0342. The deadline to enter is Sunday and the top eight bands will be invited to compete. Additional information is available at www.krocks.org.
Tickets are $12 for adults and $9 for 17 and under, and can be purchased online through the Palace Theatre, www.palacetheatre.org, or at the box office.
Arts & Entertainment
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Flags should be half-staff Monday, Thursday for holiday - 0
- Two seriously injured in head-on crash in Bedford - 0
- Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease - 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Nongame, Endangered Wildlife Program turns 25 - 0
- North Country open for business - 0
- To get away, they come to NH - 0
- Win tickets to see American Idol Live! - 0
- Bach's Lunch Series Concludes in June with Music of Night and Nature - 0
- Open House at Owl Brook Hunter Education Center on June 1 - 0
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease
Win tickets to see American Idol Live!
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions