Civic leader Fred Kfoury Jr. dies
Kfoury died Tuesday night in Florida, where he was vacationing, according to his son, Matt. The family believes it may have been a heart attack, but the official cause of death remained unclear.
Kfoury took over the business that his father founded in 1948. It remained in the family and expanded in an era when many independent businesses couldn't keep up with national chains.
Kfoury was honored as Citizen of the Year by the Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce in 1998.
He was also well-known for his philanthropic activities and devotion to the University of New Hampshire, his alma mater. UNH awarded him in 2004 with its Alumni Meritorious Service Award.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Exeter teachers were kids' favorites - 6
- Jury overrules panel, awards malpractice verdict in son's death - 21
- Judge continues case against Keene parking meter 'Robin Hoods' - 35
- Teen told no fish story: He's the official derby winner - 0
- Pembroke man's family stunned by his shooting by Manchester police - 0
- New Conway library director coming from Manchester - 0
- Updated: Old Epping cemetery disturbed - 0
- Naturalization ceremony welcomes 26 new Americans - 1
- Pinkerton students pause to remember Lt. Paul DeMeo - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 1
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 0
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 13
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should adultery remain a crime under U.S. military law?
- Total Votes: 641