Civic leader Fred Kfoury Jr. dies
Kfoury died Tuesday night in Florida, where he was vacationing, according to his son, Matt. The family believes it may have been a heart attack, but the official cause of death remained unclear.
Kfoury took over the business that his father founded in 1948. It remained in the family and expanded in an era when many independent businesses couldn't keep up with national chains.
Kfoury was honored as Citizen of the Year by the Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce in 1998.
He was also well-known for his philanthropic activities and devotion to the University of New Hampshire, his alma mater. UNH awarded him in 2004 with its Alumni Meritorious Service Award.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again - 2
- Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council - 1
- Insurance exchange: NH Dems, GOP switch sides - 2
- Bottle store blues: The useless grocery mandate - 2
- Finding city revenue: Seek more private partners - 0
- Putin's freedom: Obama's weakness - 42
- Safe seats, frequent flyers - 0
- Sports volunteers: Eric Mommsen embodies the spirit - 0
- Issa drops in: Doesn't match media slant - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 1
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 2
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 9
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief