Civic leader Fred Kfoury Jr. dies
Kfoury died Tuesday night in Florida, where he was vacationing, according to his son, Matt. The family believes it may have been a heart attack, but the official cause of death remained unclear.
Kfoury took over the business that his father founded in 1948. It remained in the family and expanded in an era when many independent businesses couldn't keep up with national chains.
Kfoury was honored as Citizen of the Year by the Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce in 1998.
He was also well-known for his philanthropic activities and devotion to the University of New Hampshire, his alma mater. UNH awarded him in 2004 with its Alumni Meritorious Service Award.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Deroy Murdock: Hillary's Benghazi-Whitewater connection? - 1
- George Will: Obama needs Congress to approve this war - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Obama is rushing into war against Islamic State - 1
- Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding? - 7
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 5
- Pat Buchanan: In Scotland, it's economic man vs. tribal man - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 66
- Deroy Murdock: Stuff the Obama lunch tax - 2
- David Harsanyi: The senators who really threaten America - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 0
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 6
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 11
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it