Civic leader Fred Kfoury Jr. dies
Kfoury died Tuesday night in Florida, where he was vacationing, according to his son, Matt. The family believes it may have been a heart attack, but the official cause of death remained unclear.
Kfoury took over the business that his father founded in 1948. It remained in the family and expanded in an era when many independent businesses couldn't keep up with national chains.
Kfoury was honored as Citizen of the Year by the Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce in 1998.
He was also well-known for his philanthropic activities and devotion to the University of New Hampshire, his alma mater. UNH awarded him in 2004 with its Alumni Meritorious Service Award.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sheridan Brown: NH is vulnerable to an oil spill and needs some protection - 2
- Al Felgar: Patients can’t wait for state to fix narrow Obamacare network - 2
- George Will: The benefits of prudence - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Paul and Cruz vie to become Reagan's heir - 0
- Thomas Sowell: Liberal education policies hurt minorities - 1
- Charles Arlinghaus: Yes, our paltry rainy day fund is a really big deal - 3
- Rep. Terie Norelli: New Hampshire workers deserve higher minimum wages - 2
- Les Bernal: Why don’t casino advocates and executives patronize casinos? - 6
- David Harsanyi: Do most Americans agree with Demsocrats? - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- A second chance: Manchester hasn't won Hooksett yet - 0
- Calling Deep Throat: Where is Obama's Mark Felt? - 0
- Monarchs know there's always room for improvement - 0
- Student artwork on display in Derry for PTA's Reflections - 0
- Town, school budgets approved in Amherst - 0
- Wilton-Lyndeborough elementary school merger plan passes - 0
- Hollis voters approve all warrant articles - 0
- Div. I Girls' Basketball: Bedford advances to final with ease - 0
- Boys' Hockey: Souhegan, John Stark-Hopkinton advance in Div. III - 0
Town, school budgets approved in Amherst
Two officers pinpointed in Weare shooting
Win tickets to see Billy Idol
Hollis voters approve all warrant articles
Rochester firm is ready to add jobs
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run
- Should a 13-year-old have a TV in their bedroom?
- Total Votes: 547