Meadowbrook receives fifth ACM nomination for venue of the year
The news comes as the Gilford entertainment operation undergoes a $3 million upgrade and unveils its first bookings for the 2013 season, which thus far includes country acts Willie Nelson and the Charlie Daniels Band on June 14, Trace Adkins on June 15, Darius Rucker on June 22 and Rascal Flatts on Aug. 2.
Meadowbrook is one of five nominees up for the venue of the year honor. Also vying for the title are the Blossom Music Center in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio; the BOK Center in Tulsa, Okla.; the Klipsch Music Center in Noblesville, Ind.; and the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, Tenn.
The 48th Annual ACM Awards are scheduled for broadcast live from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on Sunday, April 7, at 8 p.m. Meadowbrook officials said they plan to attend the festivities and hope to bring home the Lakes Region venue's first win.
"We work hard at growing and improving upon the Meadowbrook experience each year for both our patrons and our artists, and it is nice to be recognized by the industry," said RJ Harding, Meadowbrook's president. "We feel like we share this honor with our entire Meadowbrook family and the fans who bring this venue to life. We couldn't be more proud."
Since 1996, Meadowbrook has grown immensely from a mere field with lawn chairs and a temporary stage to this winter's upgrade and expansion, which is projected to increase seating by more than 2,000. The project will result in pavilion seating for more than 6,000 people and a lawn area for an about 2,000 patrons, Meadowbrook officials said.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.