Meadowbrook receives fifth ACM nomination for venue of the year
Meadowbrook has scored a fifth nomination for music venue of the year by the Academy of Country Music.
The news comes as the Gilford entertainment operation undergoes a $3 million upgrade and unveils its first bookings for the 2013 season, which thus far includes country acts Willie Nelson and the Charlie Daniels Band on June 14, Trace Adkins on June 15, Darius Rucker on June 22 and Rascal Flatts on Aug. 2.
Meadowbrook is one of five nominees up for the venue of the year honor. Also vying for the title are the Blossom Music Center in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio; the BOK Center in Tulsa, Okla.; the Klipsch Music Center in Noblesville, Ind.; and the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, Tenn.
The 48th Annual ACM Awards are scheduled for broadcast live from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on Sunday, April 7, at 8 p.m. Meadowbrook officials said they plan to attend the festivities and hope to bring home the Lakes Region venue's first win.
"We work hard at growing and improving upon the Meadowbrook experience each year for both our patrons and our artists, and it is nice to be recognized by the industry," said RJ Harding, Meadowbrook's president. "We feel like we share this honor with our entire Meadowbrook family and the fans who bring this venue to life. We couldn't be more proud."
Since 1996, Meadowbrook has grown immensely from a mere field with lawn chairs and a temporary stage to this winter's upgrade and expansion, which is projected to increase seating by more than 2,000. The project will result in pavilion seating for more than 6,000 people and a lawn area for an about 2,000 patrons, Meadowbrook officials said.
Arts & Entertainment
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Maple Street skate park revamp plans amping up in Manchester - 0
- Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH - 0
- ‘Ellen’ helps reunite NH military family via Internet - 0
- Help Combat Invasive Plants; Loaner Tools & Statewide Web Resource - 0
- Cranmore Opens for Spring/Summer Operations on May 25 - 0
- 29th Annual Chowder Fest Kicks-Off Summer on June 1st - 0
- Bedford condo shows high style in a smaller space - 0
- Memorial Day Observances 2013 - 0
- No big Powerball winners in NH, but tidy sums taken - 0
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Goffstown holds off on school borrowing
Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs