Waterville hosts North Face Park and Pipe Series Saturday
The freeskiing competition will highlight some of the best skiers in the East in the Park and Big Air categories. Skiers can compete alongside the pros for cash and prizes.
Slopestyle skiing takes place in the Exhibition Terrain Park on man-made features such as rails, boxes and jumps. Big Air pushes skiers to take their tricks to new heights with challenging grabs, spins, flips and other maneuvers. Skiers string together a series of aerials from jump to jump in a single run.
Registration is closed as a full roster has been assembled, but the public is invited to watch all the action.
The Schuss Buss will run from the mountain to the Valley throughout the night. The rail jam is from 1 to 3 p.m. and the Big Air show will run from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. under the lights.
A preview will take place today in Waterville Valley's Town Square. See the latest film from Nick Martini and Sept Productions, "The Eighty Six," on a big outdoor screen at 7:30 p.m.
At 8:30 p.m. there will be an autograph session and meet-and-greet with Nick and Devin Logan at 1829 Outfitters. For details, call (800) GO-VALLEY or visit waterville.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former Windham skate park eyed for space for seniors - 0
- Children invited to attend Woodland Storybook Walk in Wilton - 0
- Last week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Owls are a treat for the ears but very rarely for the eyes - 0
- Tune In To AMC TV This Sunday, October 26 To Watch SLASH On 'Talking Dead' - 0
- Major Gift from Volunteer Steward Aids Great Bay Reserve Boardwalk - 0
- Learn About Salmon Life Cycle at 'Salmon Sunday' - November 9, 2014 - 0
- Brian Setzer donates Gretsch Guitar to Smithsonian - 0
- Roomful of Blues to perform in Salisbury - 0
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Win tickets to see the Amazing Nano Brothers
Last week's Rare Bird Alert
Blackwater verdict stuns NH dad
Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks