Waterville hosts North Face Park and Pipe Series Saturday
The freeskiing competition will highlight some of the best skiers in the East in the Park and Big Air categories. Skiers can compete alongside the pros for cash and prizes.
Slopestyle skiing takes place in the Exhibition Terrain Park on man-made features such as rails, boxes and jumps. Big Air pushes skiers to take their tricks to new heights with challenging grabs, spins, flips and other maneuvers. Skiers string together a series of aerials from jump to jump in a single run.
Registration is closed as a full roster has been assembled, but the public is invited to watch all the action.
The Schuss Buss will run from the mountain to the Valley throughout the night. The rail jam is from 1 to 3 p.m. and the Big Air show will run from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. under the lights.
A preview will take place today in Waterville Valley's Town Square. See the latest film from Nick Martini and Sept Productions, "The Eighty Six," on a big outdoor screen at 7:30 p.m.
At 8:30 p.m. there will be an autograph session and meet-and-greet with Nick and Devin Logan at 1829 Outfitters. For details, call (800) GO-VALLEY or visit waterville.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Tasting Notes with Jim Beauregard: Turkey Day wines and a resource for brewers - 0
- Hopkinton vigil sheds a light on bullying - 0
- Goffstown taking aim at invasive species - 0
- First graders enjoy early Thanksgiving feast - 0
- Dover to hold 29th annual Christmas tree lighting ceremony - 0
- Manchester Christmas Parade steps off Dec. 6 - 0
- A Chat with Elsie: Silent auction, dancing highlights at 'Holiday of Hope' on Dec. 5 - 0
- After board OK's extension, Manchester mayor slams Hooksett tuition offer - 1
- Operation Santa helps disabled, elderly residents - 0
Flying in for some homestyle cooking
Goffstown taking aim at invasive species
First graders enjoy early Thanksgiving feast
Hopkinton vigil sheds a light on bullying
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection