Waterville hosts North Face Park and Pipe Series Saturday
The freeskiing competition will highlight some of the best skiers in the East in the Park and Big Air categories. Skiers can compete alongside the pros for cash and prizes.
Slopestyle skiing takes place in the Exhibition Terrain Park on man-made features such as rails, boxes and jumps. Big Air pushes skiers to take their tricks to new heights with challenging grabs, spins, flips and other maneuvers. Skiers string together a series of aerials from jump to jump in a single run.
Registration is closed as a full roster has been assembled, but the public is invited to watch all the action.
The Schuss Buss will run from the mountain to the Valley throughout the night. The rail jam is from 1 to 3 p.m. and the Big Air show will run from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. under the lights.
A preview will take place today in Waterville Valley's Town Square. See the latest film from Nick Martini and Sept Productions, "The Eighty Six," on a big outdoor screen at 7:30 p.m.
At 8:30 p.m. there will be an autograph session and meet-and-greet with Nick and Devin Logan at 1829 Outfitters. For details, call (800) GO-VALLEY or visit waterville.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Celebrations o’plenty for St. Patrick’s Day across NH - 0
- Greater Derry-Londonderry Chamber scholarship honors student who died in crash - 0
- New Hampshire Senior News Notes - 0
- John Harrigan: An old-fashioned winter, and the possums come on - 1
- Robert Randolph & The Family Band bring the funk to Plymouth - 0
- Governor Proclaims May 16-23 as Restaurant Week NH - 0
- 7th-grader's effort paves way for smoke-free beaches - 2
- Auburn native believes in faith and fashion - 0
- Forest Journal: Making the grade in the syrup biz - 0
Auburn native believes in faith and fashion
New Hampshire Senior News Notes
Nova Scotia ferry departs Singapore
Win tickets to see Rusted Root & The Wailers
Scott Brown's latest step stirs the pot
Hooksett's choices: Leave them to parents