Waterville hosts North Face Park and Pipe Series Saturday
The freeskiing competition will highlight some of the best skiers in the East in the Park and Big Air categories. Skiers can compete alongside the pros for cash and prizes.
Slopestyle skiing takes place in the Exhibition Terrain Park on man-made features such as rails, boxes and jumps. Big Air pushes skiers to take their tricks to new heights with challenging grabs, spins, flips and other maneuvers. Skiers string together a series of aerials from jump to jump in a single run.
Registration is closed as a full roster has been assembled, but the public is invited to watch all the action.
The Schuss Buss will run from the mountain to the Valley throughout the night. The rail jam is from 1 to 3 p.m. and the Big Air show will run from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. under the lights.
A preview will take place today in Waterville Valley's Town Square. See the latest film from Nick Martini and Sept Productions, "The Eighty Six," on a big outdoor screen at 7:30 p.m.
At 8:30 p.m. there will be an autograph session and meet-and-greet with Nick and Devin Logan at 1829 Outfitters. For details, call (800) GO-VALLEY or visit waterville.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Celebrate Granite State’s 225 birthday - 0
- Sample summer's slate of theater productions across Granite State - 0
- Granite State Music Festival brings slate of regional acts to Concord - 0
- Film, stage, TV star George Burns recalled in ‘Say Goodnight Grace’ - 0
- Master sand sculptors wash ashore at Hampton Beach - 0
- Brooks Young Band plays Franklin Opera House - 0
- 'Masters of Madness' Alice Cooper, Marilyn Manson head to NH - 0
- Grammy winner Melissa Etheridge chats career highs and lows - 0
- Hooksett teen crashes into house, charged with DWI - 0
Goffstown officials want new Exit 7 on I-293
New Hampshire Club News in Brief
North Country’s 1,000-mile ATV trail opens
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off