Waterville hosts North Face Park and Pipe Series Saturday
The freeskiing competition will highlight some of the best skiers in the East in the Park and Big Air categories. Skiers can compete alongside the pros for cash and prizes.
Slopestyle skiing takes place in the Exhibition Terrain Park on man-made features such as rails, boxes and jumps. Big Air pushes skiers to take their tricks to new heights with challenging grabs, spins, flips and other maneuvers. Skiers string together a series of aerials from jump to jump in a single run.
Registration is closed as a full roster has been assembled, but the public is invited to watch all the action.
The Schuss Buss will run from the mountain to the Valley throughout the night. The rail jam is from 1 to 3 p.m. and the Big Air show will run from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. under the lights.
A preview will take place today in Waterville Valley's Town Square. See the latest film from Nick Martini and Sept Productions, "The Eighty Six," on a big outdoor screen at 7:30 p.m.
At 8:30 p.m. there will be an autograph session and meet-and-greet with Nick and Devin Logan at 1829 Outfitters. For details, call (800) GO-VALLEY or visit waterville.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Harrigan: A rare appearance by Mr. Outdoor Answer Man - 0
- Annual Snodeo in Stewartstown draws good crowd, many vendors - 0
- NH native holds lead spot in Iditarod - 0
- Soap 101: Studies in self-reliance - 0
- Trip to college' advanced manufacturing center opens Boy Scouts' eyes to career possibilities - 0
- Dick Pinney's Guidelines: March's arrival brings ideal ice fishing conditions - 0
- High school students want to give the shirts off their backs - 0
- Nashua cadet receives Civil Air Patrol award - 0
- Hooksett teen faces charge of throwing egg at police car - 1
NH native holds lead spot in Iditarod
Win tickets to see Bruno Mars!
Trip to college' advanced manufacturing center opens Boy Scouts' eyes to career possibilities
Win tickets to see Jillian Michaels
Soap 101: Studies in self-reliance