Waterville hosts North Face Park and Pipe Series Saturday
The freeskiing competition will highlight some of the best skiers in the East in the Park and Big Air categories. Skiers can compete alongside the pros for cash and prizes.
Slopestyle skiing takes place in the Exhibition Terrain Park on man-made features such as rails, boxes and jumps. Big Air pushes skiers to take their tricks to new heights with challenging grabs, spins, flips and other maneuvers. Skiers string together a series of aerials from jump to jump in a single run.
Registration is closed as a full roster has been assembled, but the public is invited to watch all the action.
The Schuss Buss will run from the mountain to the Valley throughout the night. The rail jam is from 1 to 3 p.m. and the Big Air show will run from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. under the lights.
A preview will take place today in Waterville Valley's Town Square. See the latest film from Nick Martini and Sept Productions, "The Eighty Six," on a big outdoor screen at 7:30 p.m.
At 8:30 p.m. there will be an autograph session and meet-and-greet with Nick and Devin Logan at 1829 Outfitters. For details, call (800) GO-VALLEY or visit waterville.com.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Shawn Colvin heads to Flying Monkey - 0
- Northeastern Ballet Theatre bring Snow White to Wolfeboro - 0
- Foundation of Frank Lloyd Wright's life, architecture examined - 0
- Rani Arbo and Daisy Mayhem to play Grand View Inn in Jaffrey - 0
- Rowe's Lane Quartet to open chamber series - 0
- Travis Tritt to play the Hampton Beach Casino Ballroom - 0
- 'Stone Canvas' on display in Meredith - 0
- Rambling NE farmsteads subject of talk - 0
- Harpeth Rising will play the Shaskeen Pub - 0
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Salem drops $50 permit for Sunday sales
Win tickets to see Austin Mahone
Alanis Morissette to play Casino Ballroom
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?
Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release