Waterville hosts North Face Park and Pipe Series Saturday
The freeskiing competition will highlight some of the best skiers in the East in the Park and Big Air categories. Skiers can compete alongside the pros for cash and prizes.
Slopestyle skiing takes place in the Exhibition Terrain Park on man-made features such as rails, boxes and jumps. Big Air pushes skiers to take their tricks to new heights with challenging grabs, spins, flips and other maneuvers. Skiers string together a series of aerials from jump to jump in a single run.
Registration is closed as a full roster has been assembled, but the public is invited to watch all the action.
The Schuss Buss will run from the mountain to the Valley throughout the night. The rail jam is from 1 to 3 p.m. and the Big Air show will run from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. under the lights.
A preview will take place today in Waterville Valley's Town Square. See the latest film from Nick Martini and Sept Productions, "The Eighty Six," on a big outdoor screen at 7:30 p.m.
At 8:30 p.m. there will be an autograph session and meet-and-greet with Nick and Devin Logan at 1829 Outfitters. For details, call (800) GO-VALLEY or visit waterville.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry woman: Mason bees are gardeners' best friends - 0
- Goffstown selectmen nix driveway repavement permit fee - 0
- Salem zoning board seeks to add alternate member - 0
- Salem selectmen seek to restore funding - 0
- Lumberjack show to raise funds for Hudson Historical Society - 0
- Peterborough Community Theatre celebrates 100th birthday - 0
- Londonderry family finds love, support while grieving - 0
- Merrimack's Boston Post Cane holder dies at 100 - 0
- Robin Williams memorial in Keene grows, but should it end? - 3
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Enter to win tickets to see the Dirty Heads
Win tickets to see the John Butler Trio
Food stamp loophole not a go in NH
Another View -- Bernie Sanders: Americans are united in opposition to the special interests
Report on Manchester schools cites falling test scores, higher dropout rates among ongoing challenges
Shaheen unveils Republican supporters