Waterville hosts North Face Park and Pipe Series Saturday
The freeskiing competition will highlight some of the best skiers in the East in the Park and Big Air categories. Skiers can compete alongside the pros for cash and prizes.
Slopestyle skiing takes place in the Exhibition Terrain Park on man-made features such as rails, boxes and jumps. Big Air pushes skiers to take their tricks to new heights with challenging grabs, spins, flips and other maneuvers. Skiers string together a series of aerials from jump to jump in a single run.
Registration is closed as a full roster has been assembled, but the public is invited to watch all the action.
The Schuss Buss will run from the mountain to the Valley throughout the night. The rail jam is from 1 to 3 p.m. and the Big Air show will run from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. under the lights.
A preview will take place today in Waterville Valley's Town Square. See the latest film from Nick Martini and Sept Productions, "The Eighty Six," on a big outdoor screen at 7:30 p.m.
At 8:30 p.m. there will be an autograph session and meet-and-greet with Nick and Devin Logan at 1829 Outfitters. For details, call (800) GO-VALLEY or visit waterville.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Free Introduction to Fishing Class Offered at Umbagog - 0
- More than plants grow in 4-H Teaching Garden - 0
- Replicas of 19th century ships to sail off Seacoast - 0
- Goffstown considering grant application for rail trail project - 0
- Panel OKs auction house in Salem industrial district - 0
- Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour - 0
- Next sign-up begins Aug. 11 for community-supported fishery - 0
- Energy Commission lays out roadmap for improving efficiency - 0
- A taste of the Old West in Pelham at The Great Nor'easter - 0
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Win tickets to see Austin Mahone
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
Win tickets to see Josh Turner
Gorham man arrested for kidnapping Abigail
Voting in NH: Not just for NH residents