Waterville hosts North Face Park and Pipe Series Saturday
The freeskiing competition will highlight some of the best skiers in the East in the Park and Big Air categories. Skiers can compete alongside the pros for cash and prizes.
Slopestyle skiing takes place in the Exhibition Terrain Park on man-made features such as rails, boxes and jumps. Big Air pushes skiers to take their tricks to new heights with challenging grabs, spins, flips and other maneuvers. Skiers string together a series of aerials from jump to jump in a single run.
Registration is closed as a full roster has been assembled, but the public is invited to watch all the action.
The Schuss Buss will run from the mountain to the Valley throughout the night. The rail jam is from 1 to 3 p.m. and the Big Air show will run from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. under the lights.
A preview will take place today in Waterville Valley's Town Square. See the latest film from Nick Martini and Sept Productions, "The Eighty Six," on a big outdoor screen at 7:30 p.m.
At 8:30 p.m. there will be an autograph session and meet-and-greet with Nick and Devin Logan at 1829 Outfitters. For details, call (800) GO-VALLEY or visit waterville.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Crotched Mountain Accessible Recreation and Sports brings back adaptive shooting clinics - 0
- Goffstown selectmen support solar panel tax exemption - 0
- Latest Salem school project coming in under budget - 0
- Bedford gets stellar Moody's Investor rating - 0
- Family releases letter Foley wrote in captivity - 0
- Chester man took wife's advice to win Vegas jackpot - 0
- Plymouth senior center gets grant to fix sprinkler system - 0
- Auburn teen refusing to 'duck' debilitating disease - 0
- Senior News: Lifelong Learning Institute opens fall class registration today - 0
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
NH couple hit slot for $2.4m in Las Vegas
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
Obama waits: A terror threat grows
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'