Waterville hosts North Face Park and Pipe Series Saturday
The freeskiing competition will highlight some of the best skiers in the East in the Park and Big Air categories. Skiers can compete alongside the pros for cash and prizes.
Slopestyle skiing takes place in the Exhibition Terrain Park on man-made features such as rails, boxes and jumps. Big Air pushes skiers to take their tricks to new heights with challenging grabs, spins, flips and other maneuvers. Skiers string together a series of aerials from jump to jump in a single run.
Registration is closed as a full roster has been assembled, but the public is invited to watch all the action.
The Schuss Buss will run from the mountain to the Valley throughout the night. The rail jam is from 1 to 3 p.m. and the Big Air show will run from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. under the lights.
A preview will take place today in Waterville Valley's Town Square. See the latest film from Nick Martini and Sept Productions, "The Eighty Six," on a big outdoor screen at 7:30 p.m.
At 8:30 p.m. there will be an autograph session and meet-and-greet with Nick and Devin Logan at 1829 Outfitters. For details, call (800) GO-VALLEY or visit waterville.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Outdoors with the AMC: Making the most of winter with snowshoes - 0
- Colebrook bocce tourney a cool time - 0
- Vintage snowmobiles chew up the cold in popular annual race - 0
- There's nothing like a wood fire - 0
- NH Outstanding Teen pageant Feb. 14-15 - 0
- Forest Journal: Be on the lookout for falling squirrels - 0
- Down to Earth - Budget Vogue: Collections of (someone's) precious memories - 0
- Win tickets to see LIly Tomlin - 0
- Win tickets to see the Very Best of Celtic Thunder - 0
Granite State volunteers honor MLK's legacy
Bobcat resurgence raises trapping talk
There's nothing like a wood fire
Romney opts out of run for presidency
Guinta talks bipartisanship, new bill to spare taxpayer cost of redundant government legislation
Hockey fans angry, sad to see Monarchs go
New England has a style all their own