Waterville hosts North Face Park and Pipe Series Saturday
The freeskiing competition will highlight some of the best skiers in the East in the Park and Big Air categories. Skiers can compete alongside the pros for cash and prizes.
Slopestyle skiing takes place in the Exhibition Terrain Park on man-made features such as rails, boxes and jumps. Big Air pushes skiers to take their tricks to new heights with challenging grabs, spins, flips and other maneuvers. Skiers string together a series of aerials from jump to jump in a single run.
Registration is closed as a full roster has been assembled, but the public is invited to watch all the action.
The Schuss Buss will run from the mountain to the Valley throughout the night. The rail jam is from 1 to 3 p.m. and the Big Air show will run from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. under the lights.
A preview will take place today in Waterville Valley's Town Square. See the latest film from Nick Martini and Sept Productions, "The Eighty Six," on a big outdoor screen at 7:30 p.m.
At 8:30 p.m. there will be an autograph session and meet-and-greet with Nick and Devin Logan at 1829 Outfitters. For details, call (800) GO-VALLEY or visit waterville.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Tapped into flavor at Manchester's Summer Fest - 0
- More than 3,000 school backpacks distributed during the One Day of Community in Manchester - 0
- Sails, strategy and Sunapee sunsets; Cruising Fleet sailors enjoy friendly competition - 0
- A club for active, outdoors-loving boomers - 0
- Navy promotes John Stark grad; Milford grad completes Air Force training - 0
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: Life with her Chinook puppy gives trainer greater empathy with students - 0
- Families First class in Portsmouth to focus on back-to-school transition - 0
- New Hampshire preview for week of events beginning July 27 - 0
- Loeb School offers Free Job Search Sessions in Nashua - 0
More than 3,000 school backpacks distributed during the One Day of Community in Manchester
17 Special New Hampshire Picnic Spots
A club for active, outdoors-loving boomers
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Market Basket board: We'll 'evaluate' offer
2012 voter registration law null — for now
Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH