Waterville hosts North Face Park and Pipe Series Saturday
The freeskiing competition will highlight some of the best skiers in the East in the Park and Big Air categories. Skiers can compete alongside the pros for cash and prizes.
Slopestyle skiing takes place in the Exhibition Terrain Park on man-made features such as rails, boxes and jumps. Big Air pushes skiers to take their tricks to new heights with challenging grabs, spins, flips and other maneuvers. Skiers string together a series of aerials from jump to jump in a single run.
Registration is closed as a full roster has been assembled, but the public is invited to watch all the action.
The Schuss Buss will run from the mountain to the Valley throughout the night. The rail jam is from 1 to 3 p.m. and the Big Air show will run from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. under the lights.
A preview will take place today in Waterville Valley's Town Square. See the latest film from Nick Martini and Sept Productions, "The Eighty Six," on a big outdoor screen at 7:30 p.m.
At 8:30 p.m. there will be an autograph session and meet-and-greet with Nick and Devin Logan at 1829 Outfitters. For details, call (800) GO-VALLEY or visit waterville.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Danville stonemason John Wilder sees potential in every rock - 0
- Annual Witch Way 5K returns to Bedford - 0
- Thousands flock to Berlin's annual RiverFire Festival - 0
- Despite accidental shooting, officials say mandatory education has made hunting safer - 3
- Hunters report 33 percent success rate in opening weekend of 2014 moose season - 0
- Edmund P. Daley remembered as a strong supporter of the Santa Fund - 0
- Head of YWCA New Hampshire leaving post - 0
- James Foley's parents accept award after documentary screening in Portsmouth - 0
- Mount Jasper work celebrated with trailhead ceremony - 0
Head of YWCA New Hampshire leaving post
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Keene Pumpkin Festival has uncertain future
Win tickets to see the Amazing Nano Brothers
On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it
A series of sharp exchanges at 2nd CD debate
What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy
Keene police working to identify rioters, notify other colleges of students' participation