Waterville hosts North Face Park and Pipe Series Saturday
The freeskiing competition will highlight some of the best skiers in the East in the Park and Big Air categories. Skiers can compete alongside the pros for cash and prizes.
Slopestyle skiing takes place in the Exhibition Terrain Park on man-made features such as rails, boxes and jumps. Big Air pushes skiers to take their tricks to new heights with challenging grabs, spins, flips and other maneuvers. Skiers string together a series of aerials from jump to jump in a single run.
Registration is closed as a full roster has been assembled, but the public is invited to watch all the action.
The Schuss Buss will run from the mountain to the Valley throughout the night. The rail jam is from 1 to 3 p.m. and the Big Air show will run from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. under the lights.
A preview will take place today in Waterville Valley's Town Square. See the latest film from Nick Martini and Sept Productions, "The Eighty Six," on a big outdoor screen at 7:30 p.m.
At 8:30 p.m. there will be an autograph session and meet-and-greet with Nick and Devin Logan at 1829 Outfitters. For details, call (800) GO-VALLEY or visit waterville.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Band concert highlights Deerfield Family Fun Night - 0
- Raymond aims to bring community together at annual town fair - 0
- Slash and his Conspirators open tour at Hampton Beach - 0
- Hundreds to pedal White Mountains to keep Manchester students in school - 1
- Goffstown business panel to do self-assessment - 0
- City kicks off 'Lunch in the Park' program - 0
- Warren begins three-day Old Home Day celebration Friday - 0
- Salem duplex request on hold - 0
- Yes to perform at the Hampton Beach Casino Ballroom - 1
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Community groups profit from race week
Alanis Morissette to play Casino Ballroom
City kicks off 'Lunch in the Park' program
Outrageous waste: You overpaid by how much?
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?