Waterville hosts North Face Park and Pipe Series Saturday
The freeskiing competition will highlight some of the best skiers in the East in the Park and Big Air categories. Skiers can compete alongside the pros for cash and prizes.
Slopestyle skiing takes place in the Exhibition Terrain Park on man-made features such as rails, boxes and jumps. Big Air pushes skiers to take their tricks to new heights with challenging grabs, spins, flips and other maneuvers. Skiers string together a series of aerials from jump to jump in a single run.
Registration is closed as a full roster has been assembled, but the public is invited to watch all the action.
The Schuss Buss will run from the mountain to the Valley throughout the night. The rail jam is from 1 to 3 p.m. and the Big Air show will run from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. under the lights.
A preview will take place today in Waterville Valley's Town Square. See the latest film from Nick Martini and Sept Productions, "The Eighty Six," on a big outdoor screen at 7:30 p.m.
At 8:30 p.m. there will be an autograph session and meet-and-greet with Nick and Devin Logan at 1829 Outfitters. For details, call (800) GO-VALLEY or visit waterville.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fundraiser Saturday in Milford for Kimberly Cates scholarship fund - 0
- Win tickets to see The Happy Together Tour with the Turtles and more - 0
- Win a family 4-pack of tickets to see the Harlem Globetrotters - 0
- NH Club Notes: Curling club’s open house introduces sport to public - 0
- Blending academics with snowsports training - 0
- Solas' 'Shamrock City Tour' inspired by tales of ancester's life - 0
- Veterans part of cast staging military court-room battle - 0
- 'Boys Next Door' take up residence at Bedford Off Broadway - 0
- Musical theater group recaps '65 stage favs on Derry stage - 0
Win tickets to see Black Label Society
Granite State volunteers honor MLK's legacy
Blending academics with snowsports training
Judge rules against Brentwood School District in suit over $650k in cuts from proposed budget
State: Croydon must end private tuition
Senate deadlocks on right-to-work bill
The Balsams bond: No taxpayer backing
George Will: Stopping the IRS