Waterville hosts North Face Park and Pipe Series Saturday
The freeskiing competition will highlight some of the best skiers in the East in the Park and Big Air categories. Skiers can compete alongside the pros for cash and prizes.
Slopestyle skiing takes place in the Exhibition Terrain Park on man-made features such as rails, boxes and jumps. Big Air pushes skiers to take their tricks to new heights with challenging grabs, spins, flips and other maneuvers. Skiers string together a series of aerials from jump to jump in a single run.
Registration is closed as a full roster has been assembled, but the public is invited to watch all the action.
The Schuss Buss will run from the mountain to the Valley throughout the night. The rail jam is from 1 to 3 p.m. and the Big Air show will run from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. under the lights.
A preview will take place today in Waterville Valley's Town Square. See the latest film from Nick Martini and Sept Productions, "The Eighty Six," on a big outdoor screen at 7:30 p.m.
At 8:30 p.m. there will be an autograph session and meet-and-greet with Nick and Devin Logan at 1829 Outfitters. For details, call (800) GO-VALLEY or visit waterville.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Online outdoor guide hits snag in funding - 0
- Candlelight vigil set for homeless - 0
- Memorial planned for longtime director at Cranmore Mountain - 0
- Volunteers sought to wrap gifts for youths - 0
- The rise of the snowmen - 0
- Mega Millions helping many dream of a green Christmas - 7
- Youth's light show is bright but donations are down in Dover - 0
- Public to get more information on $74 million Salem High School project - 0
- Cranmore to Host Memorial for Jimmy Mersereau - 0
Proposed Hess gas station draws questions
Candlelight vigil set for homeless
Online outdoor guide hits snag in funding
Volunteers sought to wrap gifts for youths
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan