Waterville hosts North Face Park and Pipe Series Saturday
The freeskiing competition will highlight some of the best skiers in the East in the Park and Big Air categories. Skiers can compete alongside the pros for cash and prizes.
Slopestyle skiing takes place in the Exhibition Terrain Park on man-made features such as rails, boxes and jumps. Big Air pushes skiers to take their tricks to new heights with challenging grabs, spins, flips and other maneuvers. Skiers string together a series of aerials from jump to jump in a single run.
Registration is closed as a full roster has been assembled, but the public is invited to watch all the action.
The Schuss Buss will run from the mountain to the Valley throughout the night. The rail jam is from 1 to 3 p.m. and the Big Air show will run from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. under the lights.
A preview will take place today in Waterville Valley's Town Square. See the latest film from Nick Martini and Sept Productions, "The Eighty Six," on a big outdoor screen at 7:30 p.m.
At 8:30 p.m. there will be an autograph session and meet-and-greet with Nick and Devin Logan at 1829 Outfitters. For details, call (800) GO-VALLEY or visit waterville.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- The music spoke, she listened - 0
- Andy's Summer Playhouse: Curtain comes down on 44th season - 0
- Barnstormers benefit auction set for Sunday - 0
- Mostly Bach Festival in North Conway this weekend - 0
- All aboard for a ride and nature tour - 0
- Kingston Trio returns to the Flying Monkey - 0
- Violinist, pianist in New Castle Sunday - 0
- Catch Roland Goodbody in 'A Pair Of His Own Shorts' - 0
- Fire on the Mountain Chili Fest in Henniker on Sunday - 0
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
All aboard for a ride and nature tour
The music spoke, she listened
ISIS beheads NH journalist