Waterville hosts North Face Park and Pipe Series Saturday
The freeskiing competition will highlight some of the best skiers in the East in the Park and Big Air categories. Skiers can compete alongside the pros for cash and prizes.
Slopestyle skiing takes place in the Exhibition Terrain Park on man-made features such as rails, boxes and jumps. Big Air pushes skiers to take their tricks to new heights with challenging grabs, spins, flips and other maneuvers. Skiers string together a series of aerials from jump to jump in a single run.
Registration is closed as a full roster has been assembled, but the public is invited to watch all the action.
The Schuss Buss will run from the mountain to the Valley throughout the night. The rail jam is from 1 to 3 p.m. and the Big Air show will run from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. under the lights.
A preview will take place today in Waterville Valley's Town Square. See the latest film from Nick Martini and Sept Productions, "The Eighty Six," on a big outdoor screen at 7:30 p.m.
At 8:30 p.m. there will be an autograph session and meet-and-greet with Nick and Devin Logan at 1829 Outfitters. For details, call (800) GO-VALLEY or visit waterville.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Harrigan: Growing up in the wilds of the North Country - 0
- No, it's not the National League - it's the Nashua Senior Softball League - 0
- Fireworks, parade slated in Manchester - 0
- Things to know for the holiday, from region to region - 0
- State puts out call for foster parents - 0
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: With ground rules, cats and dogs can live together at lake house - 0
- Dave Anderson's Forest Journal: Evidence abounds that spring is bruins season - 0
- Sweet Neem offers a social gathering for foodies - 0
- Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Flounder fishing is best in Boston - 0
Fireworks, parade slated in Manchester
State puts out call for foster parents
Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: With ground rules, cats and dogs can live together at lake house
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Deerfield starts Winter Carnival tradition