Devoted husband penned final words of love
"You are going to leave me very soon. Thank you for being my wife," he wrote.
In 86 words, he summed up nearly seven decades of young love, children and devotion. Robert signed his pet name, Mr. Excitement.
Their daughter, Karen Van Der Beken of Bedford, said Marilyn had suffered a stroke four years ago and had to live in a nursing home.
Robert visited her three times a day, and every Feb. 14 he wrote another Love Line.
"I miss you so much already. Goodbye my lovely wife," he wrote.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New Hampshire Club News - 0
- No ‘official’ Winni Derby big carch winner announced yet - 0
- Dunbarton neighbors cry foul over proposed chicken barn - 0
- Meredith’s damaged docks expected to be repaired before holiday weekend - 0
- Salem board votes to hire assistant town manager - 0
- Salem town manager defends contract for Town Hall work - 0
- Windham officials proceed with caution on traffic light debate - 0
- Hooksett school board workshop cancelled after two members leave - 0
- Goffstown board sticks with decision to switch library with classroom - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
New Hampshire Club News
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands