Devoted husband penned final words of love
"You are going to leave me very soon. Thank you for being my wife," he wrote.
In 86 words, he summed up nearly seven decades of young love, children and devotion. Robert signed his pet name, Mr. Excitement.
Their daughter, Karen Van Der Beken of Bedford, said Marilyn had suffered a stroke four years ago and had to live in a nursing home.
Robert visited her three times a day, and every Feb. 14 he wrote another Love Line.
"I miss you so much already. Goodbye my lovely wife," he wrote.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- To get away, they come to NH - 0
- Bach's Lunch Series Concludes in June with Music of Night and Nature - 0
- Open House at Owl Brook Hunter Education Center on June 1 - 0
- From middle school to Middle Ages in Windham - 0
- Londonderry Rotary to host classic car show - 0
- Book tells story of wife's battle with cancer - 0
- Grantham man is Geospatial Hall of Famer - 0
- Evidence challenged in Craigslist sex extortion case - 0
- Commerical fishing season set for tasty start - 0
Lizzie borden took an axe ... or did she?
Many in Salem disappointed by casino vote
Goffstown police sergeant fights suspension
From middle school to Middle Ages in Windham
To get away, they come to NH
Grantham man is Geospatial Hall of Famer
State’s stand-your-ground law intact
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam