Devoted husband penned final words of love
"You are going to leave me very soon. Thank you for being my wife," he wrote.
In 86 words, he summed up nearly seven decades of young love, children and devotion. Robert signed his pet name, Mr. Excitement.
Their daughter, Karen Van Der Beken of Bedford, said Marilyn had suffered a stroke four years ago and had to live in a nursing home.
Robert visited her three times a day, and every Feb. 14 he wrote another Love Line.
"I miss you so much already. Goodbye my lovely wife," he wrote.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Of all wild bird songs, the fox sparrow's sound is the 'sweetest' - 0
- Record Powerball jackpot has Granite Staters dreaming - 0
- Online fund set up for Salem house fire victims - 0
- Hooksett Police Commission walks away - 0
- Win tickets to see the Rolling Stones! - 0
- Bedford native keeps Boston close to her heart - 0
- Nashua aldermen approve lease for community garden - 0
- Work begins on dam repairs - 0
- Peterborough tradition welcomes giant puppets - 0
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Of all wild bird songs, the fox sparrow's sound is the 'sweetest'
Hooksett Police Commission walks away
Win tickets to see the Rolling Stones!
Work begins on dam repairs
Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise
Athletes and PE: Give them credit for sports
NH vote nears on expansion of Medicaid
IRS head says Tea Party was not a target