Devoted husband penned final words of love
"You are going to leave me very soon. Thank you for being my wife," he wrote.
In 86 words, he summed up nearly seven decades of young love, children and devotion. Robert signed his pet name, Mr. Excitement.
Their daughter, Karen Van Der Beken of Bedford, said Marilyn had suffered a stroke four years ago and had to live in a nursing home.
Robert visited her three times a day, and every Feb. 14 he wrote another Love Line.
"I miss you so much already. Goodbye my lovely wife," he wrote.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Maple Street skate park revamp plans amping up in Manchester - 0
- Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH - 3
- ‘Ellen’ helps reunite NH military family via Internet - 1
- Help Combat Invasive Plants; Loaner Tools & Statewide Web Resource - 0
- Cranmore Opens for Spring/Summer Operations on May 25 - 0
- 29th Annual Chowder Fest Kicks-Off Summer on June 1st - 0
- Bedford condo shows high style in a smaller space - 0
- Memorial Day Observances 2013 - 0
- No big Powerball winners in NH, but tidy sums taken - 0
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH
Goffstown holds off on school borrowing
Mind your (flea-market) manners
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs